I love to do school visits or events, in fact it’s my favourite part of being a writer.
- “Overcoming your writing demons” – a highly-interactive talk which aims to help those who struggle with writing to overcome their blocks, while giving those who do love writing more tools to make writing even more enjoyable. Suitable for KS3.
- “Writing Narrative Fiction” – breaking down narrative fiction into simple, easy to implement blocks. Suitable for KS4.
- “On Being A ‘successful’ author” – in which I will talk about many of the mistakes I made on my path towards becoming a published author and share the three qualities required to achieve success: Tenacity, Talent and Fire.
- “Advertising as a career” – I am happy to talk about my 20-year career as an advertising copywriter, and give career advice on entering the advertising industry – suitable for year 11+.
- “The Pitch” – a fast-paced workshop which identifies the five elements needed to come up with an idea and then turn it into a gripping and compelling sales pitch – using the same tool utilised by Hollywood screenwriters.
- “The Mash-Up” – how combining two ideas can create a brand-new idea.
I charge the fee as set out by The Society of Authors. But I’m flexible to work with you to adapt to the needs of your school, your syllabus and your pupils.
If you would be interested in me doing an event, either at a school, books store or convention, don’t hesitate to get in touch.